Thursday 15 March 2012

I think I might have discovered a new type of hangover.

I'm feeling a little worse for wear this morning and before you all jump to conclusions and assume I downed a bottle of tequila, I don't drink at all which is the reason why I'm posting about this new type of hangover to hit the world (well, me at least and it's more of a punch to be fair). Last night, my mates and I went out after Chelsea's victorious win over Napoli. The boys were clearly in high spirits and downed a couple of pints at the pub and then had tequilas and vodka and limes at the club (sounds like a line from an LMFAO song). I stuck to my trusty Diet Coke. I always make a point of dancing when I'm out. Even if the music is shite which is very much the case in the small university town in which I live. They're constantly playing tracks from the early 2000s and I find that bizarre because I was barely a pre-teen back then so to hear those songs brings back epically old memories. Anyway, back to the issue at hand; I danced and as a result of being the most sober and sensible person there, dealt with a lot of nonsense concerning my female friends and seedy little sods who could not take no for an answer.

So surely I should be feeling as fresh as a daisy today? Apparently not. I'm ridiculously exhausted. I can barely function. I'm shocked at the fact that I woke up at 10h00 and managed to eat breakfast - albeit I did doze off in my bowl of muesli. I know, not my finest. I can't see myself making a much needed start on my assignments which is quite annoying really.

It leads me to wonder whether there could be such a thing as a non-drinker's hangover? Something that is induced by dancing like a disc diva and then having to deal with the actions of demanding drunks. Perhaps it's because of other factors such as the time I normally sleep and the fact that I really could do with three more hours of slumber. I'm not too sure. And what could be the cure for such a hangover? Not going out perhaps? Or spending as little time possible in a club. Maybe. I don't think I'll try it but it could be an option when I sleep for 13 hours after a night out. Who knows? I'm asking a lot of questions because I have no idea what to say. I feel sensationally bad about this post because it's so bloody boring and nonsensical. You'll forgive though because I am, as they say, hanging like a bat!

Cheerio! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment